Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player passing through holes when moving further away

edited March 2021 in Technical Q&A

My English is not great, but I took a video to show the issue
When the character moves slowly to a close point, the movement is fine, but when I click further away making the player accelerate, it starts acting bizarrely and clips trough the holes as if it was rounding them instead of respecting the corners

Things I tried already:
1. Making the holes larger
2. Changing the player collider to a square instead of a circle
3. Lower the acceleration factor
4. Adding colliders

Video
https://i.gyazo.com/fcf935d34dbee3385a43c87f942d7b25.mp4

Navmesh Setup
https://gyazo.com/c1add7a96db059ea960ecbe9de2ebffa

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @AquarianDoll.

The main factor that will affect movement behaviour is how large your objects are, relative to Unity's unit of measurement - i.e. 1 Unity unit = 1 metre.

The 2D Demo assets are configured to be (roughly) similar to this system, and the default movement values are based on this measurement style.

How large are your character sprites? i.e. if you place two character sprites on top of each other, what's their difference in Y position?

If your characters are very small, you can try raising the Destination accuracy slider in the Settings Manager.

However, a better option may be to check Retro-style movement? in your Player Inspector. This will cause them to move in a straight line, and without deceleration. This isn't always suitable for all games, but is most useful for pixel-art 2D games.

For more on getting your characters to move more accurately, see the Manual's "Precision movement" chapter.

• edited March 2021

Thank you @ChrisIceBox, The retro style movement made it better, I still had to adjust a couple of holes, but it will do :) Again thank you and have a lovely day/night.