Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make player able to move along a path freely

edited March 2021 in Technical Q&A

I am trying to make the player freely move along path with Direct Movement Control. However, when I use the Player -> Constrain -> Move Path action, the player will teleport to the beginning, and also only move along the path according to the path type (Forward only etc.).

Is there a way to make it that the player will not teleport to the path starting node, and also move freely in both directions along the path?

Comments

• Edit: The player cannot move along the path according to the path type, it can only move Forward in the path.

• edited March 2021

For the Player to be constrained on a Path, they must first be on the Path - so the teleporting is necessary.

Currently, constrained Path movement is only possible in the forward direction. I shall attempt to allow for backward movement as well, however.

• Thanks. About teleporting to the path, I think it would be convenient if the targeted node to teleport to can be chosen, instead of alwys teleporting to node 0.

• Noted, thanks for the feedback.