Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Item From Container Adds as New Item

Say I have a container with an item already in that is a "stacked" amount e.g money. If I get that item from the container and add it to the inventory, it adds as a new item in a separate slot even if I am already carrying an amount of that item.

I would like for it to instead add to the amount I am already carrying (could've sworn it used to do that?). Is there a way to do this? Can Carry Multiple is checked.

Comments

• What's the item's Slot Capacity, what's your AC version, and are you transferring it via clicking the menus, vs an Action?

I'll attempt a recreation. Can you share the properties of the two InventoryBox elements as well?

• The item's slot capacity is 999, the amount in the container is 24 & the amount in the player's inventory is 24.

AC version 1.72.4 (I'm hesitant to upgrade as I fear it may break some of the scripts I'm using from the wiki, namely Rewired & Final IK).

Container menu item "Click behaviour" is Move to Inventory - it is immediately added to inventory, no Actions involved.

Here are the properties of the player inventory box and the container inventory:

https://imgur.com/a/NpbQ5Mf

• btw it also happens the other way around - as in, if you put the item from the player inventory into the container, it will add the item in a new slot, rather than add it to the amount already present.

• Neither of the elements in your screenshot are set to type Container - where is your "Click behaviour" setting?

I have recreated the Container -> Inventory issue, however, and will address this as part of the next update. I need more details on how you're getting the opposite, though, as Inventory -> Container transfers aren't automatic in the same way.

• Sorry, I misunderstood which elements you needed to see. Here is the click behaviour anyway:
    https://imgur.com/a/ozVJ2jE

Great to hear you have solved it already. For the inventory -> Container what I meant was:
    When you place that item from your inventory into an empty slot of the container, it adds as a separate object in it's own slot, but if you place it on the item (of the same type) that is already there, it will add it to the amount.
    For some reason I was under the impression that only the latter was meant to occur, regardless of where you placed the item in the inventory.

After giving it some more though, I realised the way it currently works is actually correct and so this is no longer an issue.