Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom Face Direction

Hi! I'm using Spine2D for my animations, and it's been working great. But I'm trying to integrate it with AC so the character faces either the direction the Marker2D is pointing, or the direction the hotspot is on after walking to it. I keep looking through the isTurning stuff and I'm sort of lost where I can easily check "Is this character going to go left, or right compared to the object I just interacted with?" Turning doesn't play nicely with Spine2D, it squishes the art, so I have it set to instant. Would love any advice/insight!

Comments

• IIRC there are a few Spine2D integrations out there - which are you using? See the Integrations wiki page if you haven't checked them out already.

If a character's animaton engine is flagged as being sprite-based, you can uncheck Turn root object in 3D? in their Inspector to prevent them from physically rotating when turning.

If you're writing a custom script that needs to determine which direction a character is facing, vs which way they need to, you can make use of the Char script's GetSpriteDirectionInt, IsTurning, GetAngleDifference, GetTurnFloat, GetTargetRotation, and GetFrameRotation functions to determine what kind of motion/animation changes need to be applied to.