Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pausing and Unpausing - Cycles Music Que and Disables Next Crossfade

With 'Play while game paused?' unchecked, Music pauses when I 'Pause' the game (which is what I want). But, when I 'Un-Pause', AC immediately cycles to the next song in que. I 'Pause' then 'Un-Pause' again, it cycles again.

Also, whenever I crossfade a song in a Cutscene/Trigger (doesn't matter how long the crossfade is), the current song immediately cuts off and the crossfaded song immediately turns on with no crossfade. The next song simply fades in. This seems to happen even after entering a new Cutscene during the current scene. If I 'Pause' / 'Un-Pause' the game, run around for 5 minutes then activate the next song (in a Cutscene/Trigger), the next song turns on with no crossfade.

Is there a way to 'Pause' the game without it affecting the Music crossfade or que options?

Comments

• What are your AC/Unity versions, and are you relying on Audio Mixer Groups?

whenever I crossfade a song in a Cutscene/Trigger (doesn't matter how long the crossfade is), the current song immediately cuts off and the crossfaded song immediately turns on with no crossfade.

Is this only the case when pausing/unpausing?

• Unity version 2019.4.18f1 (LTS) (This was happening with previous 2018 versions of Unity)
    AC Vesion v1.72.4 (This was happening from a previous version I downloaded a couple years ago as well. Which is the reason I upgraded to v1.72.4. (I can't remember the previous previous version))

I upgraded to Audio Mixer Groups (The issue happened before and after)

From what I've experienced, this only happens when I 'Pause' and UnPause'. It works fine otherwise.

Side-Notes:

I also recently integrated 'Rewired Input System' thinking I could exclude all other inputs like EndCutscene and EndConversation. The issue still occurs.

I've tried enabling 'Can play when game is paused?' from the Music Storage menu and simply adding an actionlist to 'Stop' Music when the game is paused, but when the game is 'UnPaused', you have to actually choose the song that was previously playing. AC will not automatically resume the previous song.

• Thanks, I'll attempt a recreation and let you know if I need any more details.

• edited February 2021

Recreated both issues. I will include a fix in the incoming v1.73.2 release - thanks for the bug report.