Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Tooltip background texture persists on other hotspots

edited January 2021 in Technical Q&A

I made tooltips appear only for my inventory items when mouse over.
I also set a nice rectangular background texture behind tooltips too.
But the background texture also appears on other hotspots when mouseover. (but tooltips behave fine as expected )
Is there a work around? How can AC Menu invoke an asset actionlist so can enable/disable Hotspot label of my inventory tooltip?

AC 1.50f

Comments

• An "Appear type" of "On Hotspot" will cause the menu to display when hovering over both Hotspots and Inventory items.

You would need to lock the Menu when not over the Inventory if you want to hide it for Hotspots.

How you do this depends on how the Inventory is accessed. If it turns on/off automatically, you could assign ActionLists that unlock/lock the HotspotInventory menu accordingly.

If the Inventory is always shown in the top e.g. 10% of the screen, you could add a script that locks/unlock the Menu based on e.g. the cursor position.

How/when are you displaying your inventory?

• edited January 2021

The inventory is always on and visible at the bottom.
    Can AC invoke actionlist OnMouseEnter/Exit? I can Attach a Hotspot to the Inventory and Enbale/Disable Menu.
    I can do OnMouseEnter/Exit with my custom script and AC hotspot, but just wondering if it can be done with an AC on hover. I only see When clicked options.

Oh wait, but will AC hotspot be blocked by AC menu and mouse enter/leave won't work? This means my custom script won't be called.

Thank you Chris

• You're using too old a release to rely on the OnMouseEnter event. If you're using Unity UI, though, you can hook into Unity's own such events with scripts attached to the UI prefab buttons, e.g.:

using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.EventSystems;

public class Example : MonoBehaviour, IPointerEnterHandler
    {
        public void OnPointerEnter (PointerEventData eventData)
        {
            AC.PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("HotspotInventory").isLocked = false;
        }
    }