Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with trigger and cutscena with ultimate character controller

I tried to change cameras and make a character move through the trigger and it doesn't work, if instead I create a new project and insert tin pot as a character it works, do you think the problem lies in a bug?

Comments

• If it works with Tin Pot, but not your own character, then the issue lies with the way your character is set up.

Triggers have two ways of detecting objects - see its Inspectors Detection method field.

Its default value is Rigidbody Collision, which requires that objects it detects (i.e. the Player) have Rigidbody and Collider components on them. A Character Controller works as well, but this will likely conflict with UCC.

The other option is Transform Position, which requires the Player's origin to enter the boundary of the Trigger. This is probably your best option when using UCC - just be sure to move the Trigger down to the floor as that is where the Player's origin will be.

• I tried but the character freezes and a bug appears in the animation

• use ucc 2.2.6

• edited January 2021

You need to have a capsule collider in the root of the player.
    Try to see if that works.
    Also check that the AC player component and bridge are below the UCC scripts in the inspector.

• with the character created with AC it works but with the character created with ultimate character
    controller is not working

• edited January 2021

I tried but the character freezes and a bug appears in the animation

I'm afraid you will need to be more specific. What exactly did you try, and what animation bug occurs?

You do not need to add any new components if you set the Trigger's "Detection method" to "Transform Position". Have you tried this option?

Please share images of the Inspectors of your Trigger and Player - I can only give general advice otherwise.

• I tried but it doesn't work

i created a new project with the latest version of adventure creator 1.74.2 and ultimate character controller 2.2.8 and nolan when it goes into the trigger does not automatically move towards the marker

https://imgur.com/a/PtmIKkr

• edited January 2021

When using "Transform Position" mode, you need to move the Trigger down to the floor as that is where the Player's origin will be.

It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like the bottom of the Trigger doesn't pass through the floor. In this mode, the Trigger can only detect the origin of the Player - which is on the floor, not the shape of their body. Move it down so that the Trigger "clips" through the floor.

If using "Rigidbody Collision", you will need to make sure your Player has a Capusle Collider on them - at the moment, it doesn't look like they have one.

• i tried but it doesn't work

• Instead of having the trigger detect the player, make a separate child collider and set the trigger to detect that collider object instead.

• edited January 2021

The issue may be with the Trigger's Action. Does it run correctly if you run it manually? Click Run now in its Inspector while the game is running.

Be sure to check Wait until finish? in your Character: Move to point Action. Without it, you will not leave gameplay, meaning UCC will not give up control over the AC Player.

To check if the Trigger is actually running, set its first Action to an ActionList: Comment Action, type in some text, and have it display in the Console. You can then check the Console window at runtime to see it it's being run or not.

• with the dialogue it works and appears but if I put move to point the character stays still

https://imgur.com/a/7eCsaz0

• Your Trigger's When running property is set to Run In Background. UCC will not give up control unless you're in a cutscene.

Set this instead to Pause Gameplay.