Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug: item binID stays -1 when categories created

After I already had some items in my project, I introduced item categories. When I looked at the items in Inventory manager menu, I discovered that they automatically got asigned to the first category. I assumed this was the case for all items and proceeded to limit one inventory box to the first category. However I found out that only several items were displayed.

After investigation I found out this:

• default binID of items in InventoryManager.asset is -1 when no categories are present
  • when adding a new item with categories present, it automatically gets assigned the lowest present binID (usually 0)
  • if you interact with any item that was created before categories were present, it gets lowest present binID (just selecting the item in Inventory manager menu is enough)
  • items that you don't interact with keep their binID at -1 and are filtered out when you limit inventory box by any category

I'd suggest introducing a Default category that items would always start with or updating the InvetoryManager.asset with correct binIDs when Categories are introduced.

Comments