Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Character Face object

Hey Chris,

This may be more of a feature request than help haha, however I am looking to use AC's character face object in first person, but in a more customised way.

At the moment, when using face object in first person, its alway moves at the same speed, I'd like to be able to control that.

Also I'd like to write a custom script that uses the same function, but not take away the players control away (EG in one instance, I want the game to force the player too look at an object, but they can 'resist it' but moving the mouse in the opposite direction)

I tried to dissect the AC action, however wasn't too sure what actually manipulates the first person stuff in the code. If you could please give me some pointers where to start writing something custom, that would be great. (Face object didn't come up with much in the scripting guide)

Cheers
Jacob

Comments

• You can adjust your Player's turn speed with a custom Action or script before/after the call to have them face an object. To access the Player's turn speed at runtime, you can use:

AC.KickStarter.player.turnSpeed

The concept of "resisting" a turn request sounds pretty specific to your own needs - it's not something that would be an official feature.

Given that first-person spin rotation works by rotating the whole Player, you would need to incorporate a custom motion controller - i.e. a first-person movement system of your own. This could even be as simple as using Unity's own first person template (see this page on the AC wiki), but essentially you'd need to have total control over the character's motion, so that you can then dictate how/when AC is able to affect it.