Forum rules - please read before posting.

Need help before commiting to buy Adventure Creator

Hi guys. Im learning unity and wanted to begin making games. But im no good at coding...altough im trying to learn. I have a few questions and i would love some help. First of all: How good is AC for someone with no code knowledge at all?
Then: I noticied that AC site seems not to updated. Is it still very much alive and updated regularly?
Then, a few more questions: Is there a big difference between AC and Game Creator? Wich one would be better? Can i do action games or only Adventure games? Is it possible to use AC for a VR game?
Thanks so much! ;)

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @jalex1973.

Rest assured, AC is certainly very much alive. I am here daily to assist, and am continuing to improve with updates.

As for its capabilities: AC is intended for traditional adventure games - i.e. those with an emphasis storytelling and puzzles.

By itself, it is not intended for action games or VR. Though both of these aspects can be incorporated into an AC project, it does require strong coding knowledge - whether to write such systems yourself, or to integrate with another Unity asset that handles that side of things.

For an idea of how AC is used - and what it can be used for - without coding, see the video tutorials here. These and the demo games give the best idea of what AC is capable of "out of the box".

I can't speak for Game Creator, but if you're looking to make an action/adventure game with combat/enemies etc, then I would recommend AC only if you're comfortable with scripting.

• Just wanted to chip in and say that AC is an incredible asset, and Chris has gone above and beyond to implement not only fixes but entire new functionalities I've suggested. He's done it consistently ever since I started using AC in 2017. It's definitely not abandoned.

• You won't find a better support/help anywhere, that's for sure!
    Using since 2015 for many things - puzzles, hidden object, adventures, click-point, quests.

• Thanks guys. Im really thinking on getting AC. Thanks for the replys. It seems a really interesting tool.