Forum rules - please read before posting.

Compile Errors

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if others have come across this issue, but I have recently got the following compile errors for all of my adventure creator scripts, for example:

"Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInventoryCheckSelected.cs(236,26): error CS0111: Type 'ActionInventoryCheckSelected' already defines a member called 'SetLabel' with the same parameter types"

For context, when the error appeared, I was using Unity Version 2020.1.1f1 and Adventure Creator Version 1.72.4. I had recently imported Dialogue System for Unity Version 2.2.14 and Lively Chat Bubbles 1.3.0. I tried to update Unity to the latest version (2020.2.1), and it prompted me to update my URP materials, which I did, but the same errors have persisted. The Dialogue System and Lively Chat Bubbles were recent additions, but they were working fine for a day before these errors showed up.

Thanks so much for your help.

Comments

• Have you modified any of AC's scripts - either manually, or inadvertently due to importing a package that overwrites them? I can't see how you'd be getting such an error otherwise.

Try this: back up your project, then remove the /Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts folder, and then re-import AC from the Package Manager.