Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionList Issues

Hi,

So I updated to the latest version and my actionlist is having issues. I have an actionlist that teleports players and characters and npc's to markers and face each other and that also switches to a convo camera.

Ever since i updated to the latest version, the camera switch using actionlist doesn't work.

Comments

• What version were you previously using? Does the Console report anything related?

There shouldn't be an issue with the Action. Are you relying on an ActionList asset, or a scene-based one, and does it involve parameters / Constant ID numbers, or is it referencing the camera directly?

Share screenshots of the ActionList involved, and I'll take a look - there's not much in the way of possible problems that comes to mind otherwise.

• These are two actionlists. It skips 1 or more actions for no reason. The console doesn't report anything.

I am using the latest version of AC that was released. I downloaded it on Monday. I am using Unity 2019.2.4f1

They are supposed to start and end conversations with other characters.

• It skips certain actions for certain cutscenes. For 1 of them now, the Face Object action doesn't work. The Camera Switch one also doesn't work.

• edited December 2020

I am using the latest version of AC that was released.

I was asking about the previous version - what were you using before these issues occured?

Your screenshots show a total of three "Camera: Switch" Actions - which one(s) specifically are giving you trouble?

You're making use of parameters in these ActionLists - are the problematic Actions those that use parameters, or is there no apparent relation? If parameters are involved, how/when are you setting their values?

Please share as much detail as you can - it's not an issue I can recreate without more detail, so I need to know all the specifics of your situation.

• The ones im having issues with use parameters.

In this screenshot for example, this is used to start a conversation by using an actionlist with parameters asset file. i then use run actionlist in the scene to run using a cutscene and fill in the parameters.

The actionlist works for everything except the camera which it just skips over.

The AC i was using before I started having issues was:1.71.6

Im using Unity 2019.4.2f1

The scene was working fine until I updated and it just started over the camera part in the actionlist.

In fact for 1 conversation, it also skipped over the Face object action too.

• Was that "Face object" Action also using parameters? If so, it sounds like an issue with your parameter values, rather than any specific Action.

How and where are you setting your parameters for the lists? I will need clear steps in order to recreate this problem.

• Looking at the scene where it happens, the Convo Start List , the one I posted above it never ends after running the first time.

• Looking at the scene where it happens, the Convo Start List , the one I posted above it never ends after running the first time.

If you open up its Runtime ActionList in the scene while it's running, the Action it's paused on should be highlighted - is that the case?

Please share details on how/when you're setting your parameter values.

• No action is highlighted. I see the actions there but nothing is highlighted.

• Tried it in a new scene and it's still not working.

However I made a new actionlist with the same values and it seems to be working fine.

Still testing.

• If you can isolate the issue in a new scene, and have it occur when the scene begins, PM me the necessary files (scene, ActionList(s), and your Managers) with instructions and I can take a look.

• IT's impossible. My file size is very very large. It started happening with the new actionlist im made too.

I have no idea why and im just fed up. I'll have to manually enter the files and its alright.

• edited December 2020

If you're encountering an issue, I'd like to see it fixed - both for you and other users.

I cannot recreate the issue without knowing how/when you're setting parameter values.

I'm not asking for your project - only the minimum files necessary to recreate it. The required filesize should be minimal.

As you say, it's happening with the new ActionList you've made - so it's possible to create a new scene that demonstrates the issue.

Since it appears to be parameter related - and not with any specific Action type - you should be able to use simpler Actions to recreate the issue. For example, try an "Object: Visible" that hides an object (such as a cube) in the scene, only use parameters to set which object.

Create a fresh scene and ActionList asset that is called by the scene but causes the problem. The scene, the asset, and your Managers should then be enough to demonstrate the problem.