Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character- move to point not working, only in some scenes :/

Hi I have a question about move to point, it works in all my scenes except for just two of them.

The on start cut scene checks for the previous scene, brings the character in at the correct player start, all working fine, but then after that I usually add a player move to point, to a marker a few steps in so he walks in to each scene, rather than just be standing there at the start point.

It's just not working in a couple of my scenes, I have tried everything I can think of, it's definitely set up the same as far as I can see, He appears at the correct player start, depending on where he came from, but then just stands there and doesn't walk to the next marker.

Just wondering if anyone has any clue what might be happening? or have seen this before and fixed it?

Thanks in advance

-David

Comments

• edited December 2020

What is your AC version, and what is the scene's Pathfinding method set to?

Are the PlayerStart, and the Marker to walk to, both on the NavMesh? The Character: Move to point Action has an optional Pathfind? checkbox, which you can uncheck if it's a clear path between the two.

Otherwise, let's see some screenshots showing the situation - it's a visual issue, so I'll need to see what's going on to understand things properly.

• Hey Chris thanks for the reply, I've just fixed it, In the onstart cutscene I had something happening before the scene checks, a variable check saying if true turn something on, then carry on to the scene checks (to check where he came from) but I had forgotten to carry on even if the variable wasn't true. My mistake! :blush:
    Thanks Chris.