Forum rules - please read before posting.

FollowSortingMap and ActionTeleport

edited December 2020 in Technical Q&A

When I move the player in front of an NPC using ActionCharPathFind, the player ends up with a Z pos that correctly renders the player in front of the NPC (given that they both are following the same sorting map). But if I instead teleport the player using ActionTeleport (to the same marker), he ends up standing behind the NPC.

AC: 1.72.4
Unity: 2020.1.17

Comments

• Are they both in the same region of the sorting map?

• I'm not sure, should that matter though, if it works when walking?
  • When two characters are in the same area, they will have the same Sorting Order. Their Z-positions will be altered slightly to make sure they're drawn in the correct order.

I need to know if this is a case of that not happening when it should.

• They are both in the same region.

• There's not enough detail for me to recreate any such issue. Can you PM a repro?

• edited December 2020

I found out the reason for the broken ordering: It's because the Hotspot marker I teleport the player to is defined inside the prefab of the NPC (and under the Sprite game object). So when the position was copied it took into account the z pos of the sprite game object parent. If I avoid having it as a child of the Sprite it works.

No worries, I'll set up a validation rule for this.