Forum rules - please read before posting.

Moving to a new scene

I've just finished off my first scene and want to now move to the next scene which I have created,

so far I have made a hotspot on the door, when clicked I have set an interaction as below

action type : scene - switch
choose scene by name
scene name - scene2

Nothing happens though when I click on the hotspot. I have added a dialogue box to make sure the hotspot is working which it is.

Could anyone advise how I move to the next scene? Also when I created the new scene the character did not move across. I had to add him again, I have not yet run charcter wizard, do I need to do this for each scene? If this is the case, do any invetory items move get assigned automatically?

Thanks

Danny

Comments

• Apologies, I forgot to add the scenes to the build setting.

• edited December 2020

No problem!

About your Player: If you create a prefab from your Player object, you can assign this file as the "Player prefab" in your Settings Manager. This prefab will then be spawned by AC automatically - and will transfer between scenes as well.

If a scene file has a Player object inside it, then that Player will be used only for the duration of that scene.

Inventory, global variables, objectives etc are all transferred automatically when a new scene is switched to.