Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera switches back without telling so when starting conversation

Okay so I'm just testing out AC with sample game models and I'm running into a problem. I have 2 camera'. The default camera that is used as a first person camera. And an animated camera when the interaction with the other character begins. The problem is that when the conversation menu pops up on screen with the 2 choices, the cam switches back to the first person cam. Even though I haven't told the program to do that. Have I done something wrong? Or is this a bug? Would love to hear your response. https://ibb.co/B2bZCYT

Thanks.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Mark139.

If your Movement method is set to First Person, then AC will rely on the first-person camera automatically during gameplay.

This includes Conversations, but you can prevent that by unchecking Run Conversations in first-person? in "Interfaces settings" section of the Settings Manager.

If you want to prevent this auto-switch during regular gameplay (e.g. for a special "close-up" sequence), you can temporarily switch the Movement method to None by using the Engine: Manage systems Action. Disabling the above option should be enough for this situation, though.

• It worked, thanks Chris!