Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC Final IK Grounder Issue

I have been having an issue with an NPC character sinking into the floor - I tracked it down to being when using Final IK's Grounder component. If Grounder is disabled, the NPC does not sink into the floor - also, if you toggle Root Motion in the animator, this also brings the character back to the correct position, strangely.

This only affects NPC's, the Player character is unaffected, despite using the same component. Has anyone experienced this and if so, how can it be fixed?

Comments

• Is the NPC's root being affected - or are they percieved to be sinking as a result of their hip bone / mesh object being controlled?

Does it occur if you temporarily remove the NPC component? If so, it may be more of a question for RootMotion.

• The root is unaffected - just the mesh / hip bones are moved.

It does still occur if the NPC component is removed, so I will ask Partel about it as well.

• If it's the bones that are being affected, then it sounds like an issue with the Grounder component.

• Seemingly fixed by ticking "Fix Transforms" checkbox on the Full Body Biped IK component. So, not an AC issue after all.