Forum rules - please read before posting.

Container icons briefly disappearing

edited November 2020 in Technical Q&A

If I set a container menu's transition type to Pan (left), the menu will already be populated with item icons while it's transitioning from off to on. However, when I turn the menu off, all the icons instantly disappear, and only then does the menu pan to the left. Weirdly, when I pause the game and the menu transitions off because of the pause, the icons do follow the menu off screen instead of simply disappearing.

Am I overlooking any settings? Or is this a minor bug?

Comments

• edited November 2020

I experimented with this a bit more, and it seems to be an issue with the "on container" appear type. I switched this to manual, and made sure the trigger first opened the container and then turned on the container menu. After doing this, closing the menu doesn't make the items disappear first.

I presume this means that the "on container" logic is closing the container before the menu transitions.

• Recreated, thanks for the details.

Indeed, "On Container" menus will close the active container when turned off. This should be the case, but the items should remain for the duration of the transition - I'll address this in the next update.