Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature Request: Pop Up Variable Outputs as Parameters

It would be amazing to use Pop Up variables like Enums for actions. When creating an actionlist with parameters, currently I have to use bools to have reusable actionlists whose options I can set when setting the parameters.
Sometimes I would love to have a choice between numerous options of which only one can be active at a time, and while I could solve this using an Integer (and compare the value inside the action list), It would be really nice for the workflow, being able to actually see the "switch". I hope this is kind of clear?
Thanks!

Comments

• I understand your meaning, though it would be tricky to pull off.

What you can do, however, is use an Integer parameter to set the value of a Global PopUp variable, and then use the Variable: PopUp switch Action to iterate through the various outcomes.

• Hmm yes I thought that it might be a ittle more complicated.. how about having tooltips for parameters then? Setting the Integer is already the way I'm handling it, but having to look into the action list which is called with the RunActionList action to know which int to set is kinda slow, a little tooltip that displays the options when hovering on the int parameter would be really helpful (there could be a little textbox under the parameter one can fill in) What do you think? Might in general be useful for all kinds of complicated reusable actionlists where sometimes the parameter name isn't descriptive enough.

• As in, when hovering over the fields ActionList: Run Action?

Possibly. I don't want to add too much clutter to the Parameters definition box, but I can certainly consider it. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Yes exactly! Totally understand :) And honestly you have really achieved something really amazing in general with AC. When I started with "Harold Halibut" I used Unity for the first time, and I couldn't write a single line of code and AC really made everything much easier to grasp especially in the beginning. Thank you once again!