Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character Controller + "Lift" Issue

With a 3D character using the character controller, I have an interaction where the character can ride a lift (just using an object transform action on the lift object). Predictably, the character bounces up and down as it continually adjusts to the moving platform. Is there a way I can attach the character to the lift so that it moves with it properly?

Comments

• This is the Player character?

There's a few ways you can do it:

1. Use another transform Action on the character to move them as well. This should work on characters provided they don't rely on root motion at the time.
    2. Temporarily parent the character to the lift with the Object: Set parent Action. The same Action can be used to clear this parenting afterwards.
    3. Animate both the lift and character in Timeline.
  • Thanks, parenting works, although the animator was using Root Motion, so I had to add an Object: Call Event action to disable it, then re-enable it again once the movement was complete.

Note that this only needs to be done when the lift is moving down - moving up has no issue for some reason.