Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player head not talking at same time as custom body animation (using Actionlist Run in Parallel)

(using Sprites Unity) I can't seem to get my talk_L animation to play at the same time when a custom body animation is running, through Actionlist Run in Parallel. Talk_L will work on its own.

The head is on layer 1 and I'm doing frame flipping (left mirrors right). Now, the frame flipping doesn't seem to be 100% working for my head specifically, for some reason (the head layer wants idle_L and talk_L, whereas - unless I'm mistaken - idle_R and talk_R should be sufficient; but the heads will face the overall direction correctly), but I figured maybe put that in a separate question/discussion _unless _it could be related.

I have an "ActionList: Run in parallel" action that splits into Output1 "Character: Animate" ("wait until finish" is unchecked) and Output2 "Dialogue: Play speech" ("don't animate speaker" is unchecked). The waving animation plays and the Line text runs, but the talk_L animation won't play; the idle_L keeps playing. The waving animation should only affect the body.

I don't know if frame-flipping seemingly not working on the head is playing a part (unless that's normal). I'd just like to figure out talking and custom body animation at the same time.

Thanks for help and let me know if more info is needed of course.

bigger screenshot showing head animator: https://i.imgur.com/DLd8VEd.png

Comments

• I'll attempt a recreation of both issues. What is your AC version, and does the head animate independently at all other times?

• Thanks. I just now upgraded to the latest version/v1.71.8 and the issue persists. Afaik the head is animating independently at all other times. (I'm just starting out working on this game/demo)

• Both issues recreated - I'll provide fixes in the upcoming v1.72.0 release, thanks for the report.

• Cheers, thanks!