Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there an action which behaves like a switch for integers?

edited September 2020 in Technical Q&A

Unity Ver: 2019.4.8f1
AC Ver: 1.71.8

I want to do a check on a local integer, and then for different values excute different actions. Obviously this could be done with a few Variable: Checks however I'm always eager to use the least number of nodes if possible.

If this was C# I'd use a switch statement. Does AC have an action that works similarly for integers? A single action that can add outputs for different values?

I realise Variable: Pop Up Switch is a thing, but that's for a variable of type 'pop up'. Is there anything simply for integers?

Thanks.

Comments

• If you rely on a PopUp instead of an Integer, so that its possible values are fixed, you can use the Variable: Pop-up switch Action to cater for all possible values inside a single Action.

Otherwise, you could duplicate it and modify it in a custom Action do something similar for Integer variables, so long as you set a "max possible value" field above it first.

• edited September 2020

@ChrisIceBox Thanks bud. Having looked at it a bit more, pop-up is fine for now but absolutely a simple integer switch action would be a useful tool to have. I'll have a play around with a custom action some time.

• Turns out pop-ups are the best thing in the world.