Forum rules - please read before posting.

Teleport the Player to a different position after scene switch

Hi everyone,

I am new to the adventure creator and I would like to teleport the Player to a different position after scene switch (not the playerstart in the scene). Or lets say I would like to choose the marker, where the player stands after the scene switch. Can this be done with the interactions?
Thanks in advance.

best regards
Manuel
www.magiccauldron.de

Comments

• Hi Manuel - if you create a new player start and take a look in its inspector, you can specify the previous scene the player was in to trigger the new start activating, as well as assign which camera should be active. So it's in the inspector of a player start marker, not in the actionlist that makes the scene change happen.

• Hi, it works fine. Thank you.

• edited September 2020

Welcome to the community, @MagicCauldron.

For completeness, here are two other ways to approach this:

1. In your scene's "OnStart" cutscene, use a Scene: Check Action to determine which scene you just came from, and follow it with an Object: Teleport Action if desired.

2. If your Actions are in an ActionList asset file that doesn't have "Is skippable?" checked, it's also possible to have it survive scene changes - so a Scene: Switch Action can be followed by an Object: Teleport Action.