Forum rules - please read before posting.

Move to point after an animation with UCC

Hello, I'm having a weird issue with the UCC integration : I'm trying to make my player character do a specific animation and move to a marker once the animation is complete. I am not sure how to put the animation in the animator - I've put it into the full body layer, with a transition to the exit node. But even if this would not be the proper way to do it, an issue remains : the character stays where he stands in an idle animation once the previous one is complete, and does not move until I open and close the pause menu. Can anyone please help me out with this ? Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Forgot to mention : I'm using Unity 2020.1.6f.1 and the latest versions of both AC and UCC.

• How are you triggering the animation, and is it running before the idle issue occurs?

When dealing with two complex assets like this, it's hard to tell where an issue might come from. Try comparing both the Animator, and the character's root Inspector, both before and once the issue occurs, to see if there's some key difference that may cause this.

Also try comparing the state of the "AC Status" box, which can be enabled via the bottom of the Settings Manager.

• My bad, the issue actually comes from a specific falling animation ("falling flat impact" from Mixamo) that played at the beginning of the action list - other animations do not disturb the move to point function.

Nevertheless, it is worth mentioning that the AC Status box revealed that even though the UCC character could be moved by the player after the last animation, the move to point node was still queued and the action list marked as ongoing and pausing gameplay.
    And opening and closing the pause menu isn't the only way to solve the problem : using an action list running in background for 0.1s and calling another action list which starts with a move to point node works as well - it's a bit of a weird solution, but I might as well stick to it for now !

And to answer your question : I was triggering the animations with character : animate : play custom, and yes the last one was running and ending properly before the character got stuck in idle.

Anyway thanks for your answer - I ignored this status box until now !