Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timeline AC camera bug

I've noticed that AC's camera behaves strangely between camera cuts in the timeline. If you look closely at the video, between 01-02 seconds there are 2 camera cuts instead of 1.
Here's the video to illustrate https://i.imgur.com/ewcNH6w.mp4
It seems that Camera1 is being disabled, while Camera2 hasn't been activated yet thus there's this 1 frame of Camera2 in its default position.
I've made frame by frame capture as it's kind of hard to see in the video

It's a fairly simple test timeline with no gaps between camera shots:

It doesn't seem to happen with Disable AC Camera checked using AC 1.71.8 and Timeline 1.2.16 and the latest LTS Unity 2019.4.8

Comments

• edited August 2020

I'm not clear on what you're controlling in the Timeline. Are your Activation Tracks affecting the two cameras in your MainCamera shots? And are these cameras AC cameras?

It may be affected by the ordering of tracks - try playing the Main Camera Track beneath the Activation Tracks. Though, there shouldn't be a need to activate or deactivate anything - the Main Camera will continue to handle rendering duties, just as it does with a regular Camera: Switch Action.

• Yes, both Activation Tracks are affecting AC's Game Cameras. Main Camera Tracks are set to active cameras as well.

I was using standard Game Cameras for the test

Moving Main Camera Track beneath the Activation Track didn't affect anything. But building the same timeline with default Unity cameras, and skipping AC's Main Camera Tracks results in proper camera cuts

• If they're purely AC cameras - don't deactivate them, as AC will automatically prevent them from rendering.

Though it may also work if you delay/precede things, i.e. activate the second camera a frame earlier than the switch, and deactivate the first a frame later.

• Keeping them activated works great!

Thanks for helping out Chris!