Forum rules - please read before posting.

Room rotation mechanics

Hello. I think I'm asking a little too many questions. I'm sorry for that. I want to make a mechanic for my game like in the video.

Video: https://streamable.com/f8lz7n

When the right and left buttons are clicked, the room will rotate and some walls will be invisible. I can make the buttons. I make the room a child of a game object and I can turn the room. But I am confused about how to make the walls invisible. Can you help me?

Comments

• In the video, the walls shrink (and then probably teleport out of view when too small). You can achieve the same effect using animation and Unity's Animator component. The effect itself wouldn't involve AC.

For each wall, add an Animator that has two animation states (Visible and Invisible), with a Bool parameter that causes transition between them (i.e. a bool named "IsVisible" causes the Visible aimation to play when True, and Invisible to play when False).

In AC, you can then use the Object: Animate Action, setting the Animation engine to Mecanim and the Method to Change Parameter Value, to update this parameter's value - and hence which animation is played - at the same time that you turn the room.

Personally, I'd look into animating/rotating the camera in a similar way - instead of turning the room itself. That way, lighting can still be baked in the room.

• Thanks. I will try.