Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to lock a slot in save/load menu

Hi everyone,
AC 1.70.0 + Unity 2019.2.17f1 on a 2d game.

I'd like to improve this idea: in my menu save and load game I'd like to reserve a slot for auto saving. I see in Save/Action I can set the index slot to overwrite. But I'd like that this slot can't be overwritten manually by the player (with manual save).
Actually my menu are Unity menu (a button for each slot) connected to AC menu. But is there a way to see the autosave slot in save/load game but it's locked, so nothing happened when I click on it with mouse?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Autosaves will automatically be saved into slot "0".

If your SavesList element's Save when click on? field is unchecked, then you need to assign an ActionList when click asset that performs the actual saving, using the Save: Save or load Action and the slot index as a parameter.

This tutorial covers the same concept.

To prevent overwriting the Autosave, you'd then just need to check that this parameter value isn't zero beforehand - with the ActionList: Check parameter Action.

Alternatively, if you click Fixed Save ID only?, you can limit the element's display to a single save slot - so you can create a separate element for each slot, and uncheck Save when click on? just for the one that represents the Autosave.

• Thank you Chris,
    when you say " so you can create a separate element for each slot, and uncheck Save when click on?" do you mean I can create more savelist elements (so for example the in first one Fixed Save ID only? is set on 0, on the second one is set to 1 and so on) or do you mean another element?

• do you mean I can create more savelist elements (so for example the in first one Fixed Save ID only? is set on 0, on the second one is set to 1 and so on)

Yes. It depends on how many save slots you want to have, and if you want to have scrolling or not, but I'd say the first method is the easier of the two.