Forum rules - please read before posting.

Way to Import/Revert Build Settings?

I think I've mostly gotten everything back in order after updating from WAY back at 1.54c (and not having the time/focus to deal with it). I have all the proper managers back in place but I seem to have somehow replaced the Build Settings with an older version. I had 80 scenes prior to update but it now only lists 22. This isn't a huge problem, I can go back into the scenes and reference the 'Interactions' to find the original numbers. Is there some easier way to do this, a 'Build Settings Manager' I'm not seeing?

Comments

• edited August 2020

I should add that all my Scenes are still in the Scene folder and open without any major issues. They're simply not in the Build Settings.
    *Some other issues I'm seeing, maybe I have more problems than I thought.
    -Missing 'Constant ID' script on various GameObjects. Minor issue I assume.
    -Cannot Play MusicEngine-No AudioClip assigned to track, another missing manager?
    -'Component at Index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'Main Camera'. Removing it!' Whatever this is doesn't seem to do anything as it repeats when reopening the scene.

• Did you update Unity as well? Some of this may be related to that as well.

a 'Build Settings Manager' I'm not seeing?

AC doesn't have its own scene / build settings manager - it relies on Unity's. Specifically, this data is stored in your Library folder's BuildSettings asset. AC wouldn't have modified this data. If you're using git, though, see if you can revert changes for that file.

Missing 'Constant ID' script on various GameObjects. Minor issue I assume.

Constant IDs are how AC asset files communicate with scene objects, so if they're missing then you may find that some logic fails to work. I can't say for how important this is in your game's context without knowing more details, but I'd recommend looking more into this - it may not be so minor.

Cannot Play MusicEngine-No AudioClip assigned to track, another missing manager?

Check your Music storage window - Adventure Creator / Editors / Soundtrack in the top toolbar. Sounds like the audio asset file fields have lost their asset reference(s).

'Component at Index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'Main Camera'. Removing it!'

If you updated Unity then it may be that certain Unity camera components (e.g. GUI Layer) are now deprecated. Check your MainCamera in each scene for this or any other component that may no longer be loading - though it's likely this isn't a criticial issue.

• Nope, not using git. Even copying the BuildSettings from backups doesn't change anything, presumably it should. Just have to do it manually, little annoying but doable.
    -By 'minor' I just meant that I could go in and add tags back. Would that not be enough to fix it?
    -So it is the same issue with Build Settings? I've lost/overwritten it with old data somehow. I honestly don't understand how it happened though.
    -Ok, I'll check the MainCamera thing and see what I can do.
    I appreciate it Chris, thanks for all your hard work.

• By 'minor' I just meant that I could go in and add tags back. Would that not be enough to fix it?

Not necessarily. A Constant ID component generates a unique ID number when attached to an object - and it's that number, not the component itself, that AC uses to link assets with scene objects.

If an asset previously referenced an ID number that no longer exists, simply re-adding the Constant ID component won't re-link it, because it'll generate a new unique ID number. Instead, you need to go to the reference itself (in e.g. ActionList assets or wherever they were being referenced from), and assign the relevant object again to generate a new ID and update the asset's record of it.

So it is the same issue with Build Settings?

The data regarding what tracks are listed in your Music Storage window is stored in the Settings Manager asset file. Unless you switched Settings Manager, or removed the audio file, the only other way I can see this happening is if the audio file somehow lost its associated meta file - which Unity creates to keep track of asset references.

Even copying the BuildSettings from backups doesn't change anything

That would match up with the lost meta file issue above, though I don't know enough about the details surrounding your updating to confirm anything - and meta files are a Unity concept. Certainly you should try to use git from now on, to avoid this occuring again.

• I replaced the newer build with an older one (on v1.61 for some reason) I had on my Surface. Both the Build and Music settings are back to normal. I'm missing about five scenes but that's far less of a hassle than it was before. I'm still having the 'Constant ID' message but I'll follow your directions on that.