Forum rules - please read before posting.

Transition from 3d game to 2d game

I was hesitant while developing my game. There is a computer in the room. A camera approaches the computer when the player clicks on the computer screen. After that, the player starts to control the computer. I'm not sure how to do this computer simulation part. My game is normally 3d. Do I have a chance to convert the game to 2d in this section. Or can I do a computer simulation in a 3d environment. Would it be more logical to do the computer simulation part in a 2d environment or would it be done in a 3d environment?

Comments

• I saw this while researching on the Internet. They do something similar to what I want to do.

Video: https://streamable.com/zb8tja

Basically I want to do something like this.

• The most hassle-free way would be to make it in a separate scene - and switch to it after the camera transition.

When creating a new scene in the Scene Manager, you have the option to override your game's regular perspective settings. Check Override the default camera perspective?, and then opt to use Unity 2D, before organising your scene objects to make the new scene a 2D one.

Though, the video you link to is more about using a UI than it being in 2D. It may be that you want to work more with Unity UI rather than 2D Hotspots etc. Things like icons and scroll-bars etc can be done using Unity UI components. The way you navigate such an interface would be down to Unity UI - not so much AC.

I'd recommend working on this 2D / Unity UI behaviour separately, and then incorporate it into the rest of your game.