Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player walking animation won't stop at corner of NavMesh

Hi - I'm having an issue when my PC hits the corner of a NavMesh - the walk animation won't transition. I'm new to Unity and AC so it could be a basic 'user' error LOL
I setup my scene as per video tutorial 'Recreating Unity's Adventure' and baked in a NavMesh - all appears to be working fine except for the animation transition.

Here's an example video...

Cheers

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @mordecai69.

Check the scene geometry for Collider components - it looks like the Player is hitting an invisible collider and stopping them from reaching their destination.

When you bake a NavMesh, you're marking out the area that characters can move in - but characters that have physics components (i.e. Capsule Collider, Character Controller, etc) are still bound by collisions.

If your game is point-and-click, you can typically get by with just marking any colliders that make up your set geometry as a Trigger - by checking "Is Trigger" in their Inspectors. Just don't do this for the floor, or the characters will fall through it!

• Thanks Chris - you were correct. The 'stove model' has a shelf on the side that was not very visible at the camera angle which was blocking the PC. Cheers!