Forum rules - please read before posting.

Contextual lowercase and uppercase labels

All my item, character and hotspot labels are uppercased (Notebook, Rosa, Table). When there's no interaction assigned, I want the mouseover text to display the label name as normal, but when I use the notebook on the table, I want it to say, "Use notebook on table" rather than "Use Notebook on Table" - but I want to keep the character name in uppercase when the interaction is "Use notebook on Rosa".

Also, some of my cursors have no labels, so when those are being used, I wouldn't want the hotspot labels to be converted to lowercase.

Basically, this is what I need a script to do:

• Convert all item labels to lowercase when used on other inventory items or hotspots, allowing for exceptions. It'd okay for the exceptions to be hard-coded on a list in the script (for example, if the player is carrying a rabbit called Max, I should be able to add his item # to the exception list in the script).
  • Convert all hotspot labels to lowercase when the cursor label > 0 characters long. Allow exceptions by adding an Exceptions component to game objects with a Hotspot component (I would add this to characters, place names like Grand Canyon, etc).

How could I achieve this? I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with AC's code to implement this.

Comments

• edited August 2020

Thanks for the clear explanation.

So essentially, you're looking to have a "Pronoun?" propety for Hotspot and Inventory Item names?

Interesting idea - though not immediately clear how it may be done. I shall have a think.

• edited August 2020
    Yes, that's it! Thank you. Initially I thought it might be a bit cumbersome to include as a feature, but a "Pronoun?" checkbox next to item and hotspot labels sounds clean and easy on the side of the user.
  • I'll see if this can be implemented into the next release.