Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug with player profiles

edited July 2020 in Technical Q&A

Let's say I have a global string variable named Time whose initial value is set to "00:00", and this variable is linked to Options Data.

As far as I understand it, when the player first launches the game, Player Profile 0 is created immediately and Time is assigned the value of "00:00" for that profile. If I create Player Profile 1, switch to it, and set Time to "00:15", and then create Player Profile 2, switch to it and change Time to "00:30", I will have three profiles with the following variable values:

Profile 0: Time == "00:00"
Profile 1: Time == "00:15"
Profile 2: Time == "00:30"

So far so good.

The problem I've encountered is that when I switch between Profiles 1 and 2, the Time variable does update between "00:15" and "00:30". But when I switch from either of those two profiles back to Profile 0, Time in the variable manager will not change back to "00:00" (it will keep the value of the profile I switched from). If I close the game and launch it again, then the variable manager will correctly show the value as "00:00".

Can you reproduce this bug, Chris, or am I doing anything wrong?

Unity 2019.3.15f1
AC 1.71.7

Comments