Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issues with Player Movement/Navmesh

edited July 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hello! I am excited to join this community, as I am just getting started with Adventure Creator and Unity. I am using Unity Version 2019.3.13f1 and Adventure Creator v1.71.7.

I am setting up my first scene and am running into a few issues with my player movement:
1. My character starts in a different location than specified by PlayerStart2D.
2. My character walks in locations not specified by the Navmesh.
3. My character does not accurately respond and walk to the area that I am clicking.
4. I can't seem to click anywhere to trigger the character's Up animation.

I am guessing that these issues are related to one another, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Here is a link to a video of me clicking around the scene to illustrate.

Here is a picture of the scene with my navmesh - it's a little hard to see but it basically covers the floor area in the room. The PlayerStart2D icon is at my character's feet.

Here is a picture of my Navmesh Inspector Window.

And Here is a picture of my scene manager. Additionally, I am using point-and-click style movement.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• Have a look at your character - the top level object created by the AC character wizard - and make sure that the characters feet line up with the yellow crosshair that AC shows. If it's not (which is often caused by the sprite child not being at 0,0,0 when the wizard was run) grab the sprite and move it so it would be lined up with the yellow gizmo.

Hope that helps!

• That totally worked - thanks so much!! Still trying to get a handle on all the rules :smile: