Forum rules - please read before posting.

Playerstart won't work for a specific scene

edited June 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hey,
I have a weird problem with a playerstart not working for a specific scene. I have it in my OnStart to where the player teleports to the position immediately after spawning as well. I've tried reimporting gameengine, making a new playerstart, making a new cutscene, saving into a new scene, but every time I press play my player spawns into no-where BUT as soon as I run the OnStart actionlist again via the editor, it works. And I know that the OnStart actionlist is being called on play because my other actionlists and actions it summons are working, it just doesn't teleport on start.

I have the same setup of my OnStart on all my scenes and this is the only one I have a problem with.
Here's a linky
https://imgur.com/a/sr0kAdQ

I've spent hours messing around with it trying to figure it out and now I give up :D Thanks!

EDIT: I'm not sure how, but I made a clone of it and made the OnStart actionlist run the clone and it works...if it's stupid but it works it's not stupid

Comments

• Strange. If it's for a specific scene, then there must be something about that scene that's causing it. Any colliders or anything in the way of the PlayerStart? Where exactly does the Player spawn, if not there? You're certain there's nothing else there?

Then again, if the workaround works, it works.