Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game size, and suggestions of sprite properties, for next AC versions

edited June 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

It is my first game, with Adventure Creator, and I'm loving it :)

However I had some doubts and suggestions.

1st. I'm using a lot of frames on my animations, and big/high resolution images. Should I worrie about file sizes? Should I have these things into account? My game folder is getting big, in GB. When you build your game, can you decrease the game resolution, hence game GB size?

2nd. Are you tinking on implementing sprite properties, such as blur, opacity/transparency, and such, on future versions of AC? It would be great,.... Sometimes you have to blur objects to give the sence of depth of field, as you see on cinema...
As for transparency, for instnces if you want to do your character walking behind a glass, or a window, it would be great to decrease your sprite glass/windows's opacity, like you do in HPotoshop, to give that sensation; Is already implemented? I don't know how to do it :(

Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• High file sizes
    This is a question for Unity itself. AC will work with the graphics you supply, but optimising them in terms of quality and filesize is a Unity topic.

A large project size doesn't necessarily have to mean a large build size. Unity can compress, create mipmaps, and lower the resolution of your textures in your builds - without affecting the raw assets. See this page of Unity's documentation, in particular the notes on "Texture compression" and "mipmaps".

Sprite properties
    AC is not a graphics tool, and sprite graphic manipulation is a large topic in and of itself - especially with Unity's introductions of render pipelines.

Applying special effects to your sprites is a case of using special shaders, and there are plenty to choose from in e.g. the Asset Store - see here, for example.