Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera component keeps disabling

Hi,
I have this weird issue where I have main camera, simple camera (which all my scenes use) and movie camera (just to play an intro video clip on a render texture), however upon switching to movie camera the camera component on it disables and I can only hear the audio. It does this even if I take out the camera switch, it just disables on play. I can enable it by clicking on it manually and the videos shows as usual so I'm not sure how to stop it from disabling?

Here's some photos: https://imgur.com/a/jji8sYZ

Thank you for your help :)

Comments

• AC's camera system works by using SimpleCamera / GameCameras as references for the MainCamera only. The MainCamera is assumed to be the one performing any rendering - with the others just used to inform its position / rotation etc.

As such, and AC SimpleCamera / GameCamera will disable it's Camera component automatically - since it should not be rendering anything.

If you want to rely on a separate camera for actual rendering, you'll need to rely on a separate camera that has no AC camera component attached - and then enable it at the time you want it to rendering.

However, it's not strictly necessary to play a video via Render Texture. Is there a specific reason you're using this method? The Video Player component itself can be set to display full-screen over the MainCamera. Or alternatively, you could set the Render Texture to the material of a Quad placed in front of an AC SimpleCamera so that the camera views the Quad (and hence the video), rather than into the camera's RenderTexture field directly.