Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player Switch Problem: Default0 + Player1 appear in scene together at PlayerStart

edited June 2020 in Technical Q&A

I encountered this while trying to help someone else troubleshoot and now I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. We are trying to change the scene and switch the player to a new character.

Player switching is set to Allow. I have 2 player prefabs made through the character wizard assigned in the Settings - Character Settings slots. Player 0 (Brain sprite) is marked as Default. Player 1 is Bird sprite.

When I hit Play in the first scene, both my characters spawn at the player start in the scene; both Brain and Bird (player 0 default and player 1) appear in the hierarchy. Only Player 0 default (Brain) is controllable, however.

The hotspot that triggers an action list running Player Switch and then Scene Switch (to scene Two) works as expected. In the second scene, only Bird (player1) is visible and can be controlled.

Why is this happening? Video here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LlJljUJhel1Vl9PEpbY28sZhyhAvFNPz/view?usp=sharing

PS - I added a hotspot in scene Two that runs player switch back to default Brain 0 and scene switch back to the previous scene. This works as expected - the player is switched back to Brain who appears in the scene as the only player character.

Unity 2019.1.5 | AC 1.71.5

Thanks for any and all help!

Comments

• v1.71 introduced an overhaul to the player-switching system. As part of this, AC will now keep track of which scene a Player is in.

However, you now need to define the starting position and scene of each non-default Player - otherwise, they'll appear at the default PlayerStart of scene 0.

To set this, click the cog icon beside their name in the Settings Manager.

A video on the new workflow can be found here.