Forum rules - please read before posting.

System Cursor Not Locking

Hello everyone,

I am having an annoying issue. My system cursor does not want to lock the in-game view. First I thought it only happened in the Unity editor but when I build the game out I still get the same problem. I am using Unity's first-person player. I have Lock cursor in screen's center and I am using the Software renderer and Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor is checked. I am using Unity 2019.4 LTS and AC v 1.71.5. I really don't know how to solve this issue.

Comments

• My guess is that Unity's first person player script is overriding control of the system cursor. You can confirm this by unsetting your current Player prefab / object, and assigning e.g. Tin Pot from the 3D Demo, who's also equipped to run in First Person.

If so, it'll likely have to be a case of diving into Unity's first person player script and commenting out the offending code, something along the lines of:

Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.None;

• Hi Chris, no I have tried both ways. The problem is still there. So I don't think it is an AC problem. I will try and investigate it further. Thanks for your help though.