Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot sometimes doesn't work

1. There are no errors in the console.
  2. It is on
  3. It does not turn off in the process, it's just the start of the scene

This happens on the user's computer and therefore I cannot debug the problem. Also, there is nothing that could block this hotspot. This is very strange and I cannot assume that I am a problem. Who faced this?

Unity 2019.3

Comments

• Hello @abasov90. Would love to help but I would need a lot more information.

Can you show us how it's setup?
    Is there anything that might be affecting the layer the hotspot is on?
    Is this a 2D game?
    Are you using AC's default methods of hotspot interaction or are you doing it in a custom way through C# scripts?

If you can provide more information we'll try and help.

• Thanks for your reply!
    The layer is not affected by anything.
    2D game
    Yes, the default methods are used.

I think this somehow affects the performance of the PC on which the project is running. Is it possible?

• Welcome to the community, @abasov90.

What is your AC version?

I think this somehow affects the performance of the PC on which the project is running. Is it possible?

It shouldn't be, but how low-performance of a PC are we talking about?

You say Hotspots "sometimes" don't work - does that mean that all Hotspots may work / may not work at different times, or that some Hotspots will always work while other may never work?

Hotspot detection relies on Unity's 2D raycasting, though I'm not aware of any issues that would effect that based on the PC being used. Is it possible that the user has missed some key detail on how to recreate the issue that's prevented you from seeing it for yourself?

Screenshots of a Hotspot with this issue would help visualise the problem.