Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC "shaking" when using controller and Moving camera

Hello guys,

I have an issue but i'm not sure if it's linked with Adventure Creator, maybe more with Unity.
I have a camera that follows my player.
All the NPC that are using a "controller" are shaking with the camera. See the boy on the right in the video : )

I don't have the problem with NPC that doesn't have controller (like the man sat on the chair).
The idle animation for the boy has only 1 frame (one sprite).

Thanks for help ;)

Comments

• It's a little hard to make out in the video. You're saying that of the two characters at the table, the one on the right has the issue?

What "controller" specifically are you referring to? What's the difference between those two? Please share screens of their Inspectors, if you can.

• Hello Chris,

The issue is when a NPC has an animation when the camera is moving.
    The difference between the one on the right (that is shaking) is that he has a controller, the other (sat on chair and not shaking) has not

Mon image

Actually all the NPC that are using a controller have the problem... (even with animation with 1 sprite)
    I think my problem is more related on the camera, they are shaking when the camera move and when the camera stops moving, they stop shaking.
    Here is the inspector of my navcam.

Mon image

Thanks

• If you duplicate the character, and remove the copy's AC components (NPC, Hotspot, Follow Sorting Map), does he have the same problem?

• Yes the duplicated character stills have the problem without these AC components

• It may be an issue with Unity, in that case. What version are you using?

Though, we can see if it's caused by the camera by changing the Script Execution Order of the AC.StateHandler script. Try giving it the values +100 and -100 - do either see improvement?

• Ok I finally found the problem by looking for the same issue on unity forum :
    "a pixel wants to be rendered in a certain spot, eg. x=13.4 but it rounds it to the closest available pixel ie. 13. As the pixel moves by just 0.1 back and forward the pixel keeps jumping between 13 and 14 which can cause a bit of flickering"

I tried to set the resolution of my NPC to the same as my background and the pb disappeared... I think the size of my NPC's sprites has to be a multiple of the size of the resolution used.
    It's maybe something stupid but took me lot of time to solve ;) !

Thanks again Chris for your help