Forum rules - please read before posting.

Language cycle button disabled

I'm trying to add a language button to my main menu. I added a button in an existing menu and assigned it to language cycle. The strange thing is that the button is disabled in my opening scene, but gets enabled in-game. The other buttons of the same menu work fine.

Are there any specific conditions that could make the language cycle button to be disabled?

Comments

• In what AC version, and is the menu rendered using Unity UI?

If Unity UI, how exactly is it disabled, i.e. the GameObject itself, or the Button's "Interactable" checkbox?

Nothing comes to mind as to why that would behave differently to other buttons - I'm assuming those other buttons are linked to the Menu, too.

Can you elaborate on what the difference is between your opening scene, and how that differs from the point "in-game" when it gets enabled? I'm not too clear on the exact situation. Screenshots of the issue, and the menu's properties / Inspector, would help clarify things.

• The "I'm assuming those other buttons are linked to the Menu, too" part helped me out. Indeed, The other buttons were not linked to the menu, that's why they were working.

I have a cutscene that's looping in my main menu scene, so I had to enable the "clickable in cutscenes" menu option. Thanks and I hope I didn't waste much of your time. :)

• Btw, I found the label-language separator (" : ") that's hardcoded in MenuCycle.cs inconvenient and unnecessary. It's easy to add as part of the Label text if someone wants it, but one cannot get rid of it without searching through the code and changing it there.

(its in line 442, if anyone needs to remove it as I did)