Forum rules - please read before posting.

Right click for interaction

Hello guys !

I have a movement method : point&click
I'm with "Choose hotspot then interaction"
I would like to make my interaction menu appears with a right click instead of a left click.

If i choose "see interactions" with "click on hotspot" interaction menu appears with a left click

If I add an input InteractionA with mouse button 1 in my input settings it works but it also affects the movement of my character (i cannot left click to make him move anymore)

I almost succeeded by making a "see interactions with" via script only and making a script... but it seems complicated to make a script only for that...

Am I missing something simple or scripting is the only way ?

Thanks for help ;)

Comments

• It would require scripting, but shouldn't be complex. This should be possible just by overriding "InputGetButtonDown", so that when a request for InteractionA is made while the cursor is over a Hotspot, it instead requests InteractionB.

See the Manual's "Remapping inputs" chapter for more on this technique, but this should do it:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class SwitchHotspotButton : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.playerInput.InputGetButtonDelegate = MyButtonDown;
        }

private bool MyButtonDown (string axisName)
        {
            if (axisName == "InteractionA")
            {
                if (KickStarter.playerInteraction.GetActiveHotspot () != null && !KickStarter.playerMenus.IsInteractionMenuOn ())
                {
                    axisName = "InteractionB";
                }
            }

try
            {
                return Input.GetButtonDown (axisName);
            }
            catch {}

return false;
        }

}

• Thanks Chris for your answer, I understand the logic but i may be missing something (simple i guess) coz it's not working even with my comprehension of the manual and the tutorial on remapping controls in-game.

I've added some debug to your code =>

Debug.Log(axisName);
        axisName = "InteractionB";
        Debug.Log(axisName);

When my mouse is over an hotspot i can see in the console "InteractionA" followed by "InteractionB" so the script seems to be well executed. But nothing happened when i make a right click... It stills work with a left click.

I've tried to attach the script to an empty gameobject like in the tuto (even if the script is executed without that because i see the debug in console just after creating the script and launching the game), I tried to attach it to an hotspot but nothing happened.

I'm still on "Choose hotspot Then Interaction" - "See Interaction with click on hotspot".

Thanks a lot for your help and patience

• Ah - sorry, you're using default mouse clicks, not InteractionA/B inputs.

This script should specifically check for mouse clicks as opposed to generic buttons:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class SwitchHotspotButton : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.playerInput.InputGetMouseButtonDownDelegate = MyMouseButtonDown;
        }

private bool MyMouseButtonDown (int button)
        {
            if (button == 0)
            {
                if (KickStarter.playerInteraction.GetActiveHotspot () != null && !KickStarter.playerMenus.IsInteractionMenuOn ())
                {
                    button = 1;
                }
            }

try
            {
                return Input.GetMouseButtonDown (button);
            }
            catch {}

return false;
        }

}