Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu Manager Unable to Add Button Element

Hi! I'm using the latest AC version 1.71.4 and I'm seeing an issue while creating a new menu under the Menu Manager where clicking the "Add new" button with Element type "Button" selected does not create a new button element. Every other element type works fine. No error message appears on the console either. Has anyone else experienced the same and found a solution to this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @spudnic.

Strange issue. It's not something I can recreate. Is this an AC menu, or one that uses Unity UI as its Source?

What's your Unity version, and do you have any other script classes or assets present in your project? Though it should happen even if so, the only thing I can imagine that might cause this is if it something else was named "Button" in your project and it was getting confused.

Perhaps as a temporary workaround, you could try copy/pasting a Button from another menu. If you've opted to use the default interface, there are many you can copy from in the default Pause menu.

• It was a menu with a Unity UI source. Unity version: 2019.3.15f1. I decided to cut my losses and start a new Unity project with new AC managers and the problem was fixed, so it was probably one of the manager settings I tweaked that caused the issue, although I can't say for sure. Either way, thank you for the quick response! :)