Forum rules - please read before posting.

SFX not playing in android buil

Sorry it's me again! :(

I have two play sound actions which are not working in android but they do work in the unity editor.

I Perform the test of adding an audiosource to the scene's camera with the same clip in loop and if it is heard. therefore I rule out that it is a problem of format of the clip.

I test the sounds creating two Sound objects and doing a "play one shot" too....

I don't know how to continue analyzing the topic, could you help me with this?

Comments

• What are your AC and Unity verisons? And what was the result of the "Play one shot" test?

What is the Sound component's Sound type field set to? By default this is SFX, meaning AC will automatically sync its volume to the SFX volume set in your Options data. Though, this is multiplied by the component's Relative volume field, too.

Options data is created for each platform, so it's possible that your SFX volume on Android is muted while it's not for the Editor.

If you use the default interface, you can access the Options menu from the Pause menu to view the volume levels at runtime. Is SFX set to an audible value?

The default volume levels can be set at the bottom the Settings Manager, under the "Default Options" panel. It's also possible to force-set the volume levels using the Save: Set Option Action.

• Thanks Chris! your are right. In the OPTIONS MENU the SFX sound is set to 0.
    But in my SettingManager i have all the sounds setted to 1....

If i do Save: Set Option SFX to 1 the sound works.

So... do you know why the game is not reading the config in the manager?
    Can i send you any screenshot that could help?

• Have you checked Enable save game profiles? in the Settings Manager's "Save game settings" panel?

The options values in the Settings Manager are only default values - they won't necessarily match that of the "live" game.

If you didn't change the default value, is it possible you accidentally set the SFX in the build's options menu to 0? I can't see how it'd be set to zero otherwise - certainly it shouldn't happen by itself.

I'd recommend trying a new build on another device to check if this was a one-off or not.

• Ok Chris! problem solved!

It was the profile settings...

Now all works fine!

Thanks!!!