Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionLists assets and Saveable Data

Hi Chris,

I am just curious which ActionList assets are recommended by you to be put in the ActionLists subfolder of Ressources/SaveableData:

• All?
  • Just specific ones?

And should/could folders like those created in your online tutorials (like "MenuActionLists", "InvActionLists") again become subfolders?

Best, Jens

Comments

• edited June 2020

I am just curious which ActionList assets are recommended by you to be put in the ActionLists subfolder of Ressources/SaveableData:

The need to mark ActionList assets as a Resource or saveable data is actually pretty rare - it's typically only if you want to be able to save the game while such an ActionList has been paused with the ActionList: Pause or resume Action.

As they're so rarely called upon, it's probably best to leave them out of SaveableData folders, since the bulk of such calls come from other data types (AudioClips etc).

And should/could folders like those created in your online tutorials (like "MenuActionLists", "InvActionLists") again become subfolders?

Which tutorials are you referring to? I'm afraid I don't follow, but subfolders are accepted once the Resources/SaveableData/"DataType" naming convention has been followed.

• edited June 2020

Thank you for this explanation!

I was referring to this tutorial …https://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/creating-back-button-during-close-ups … and another one I believe (!) to remember. I went through them years ago, and as far as I recall, you recommended to put menu-related or inventory-related ActionLists in subfolders.

Anyway - thanks again!!

• I see. That was just for good housekeeping - nothing to do with any location requirements.