Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player hotspot's status is Off (it goes from Default to Ignore Raycast layer)

Hi Chris! Just something else.

My player has a hotspot attached to it, so that I can trigger a non essential interaction when I click on it. I had no problem with it, but at some point after updating to 1.71.3, it is no longer interactable: the hotspot has a status of OFF. I read in the forum that it should always be on the Default layer, and I think that's what changes using the latest version of AC, since it doesn't matter that I place root and sprite objects in the Default layer, once I'm in play mode, they are assigned to the Ignore Raycast layer.
I do have some kind of version control and I was able to see it working properly on a previous version of AC. I even tried importing that version of my player to the updated project, but it is still assigned to the Ignore Raycast layer. I can do away with it, since the interaction is not mandatory for my game, but I thought you might want to see if you can reproduce it.

Comments

• Do you have a Remember Hotspot, or some other Remember component, attached?

The only other condition that should cause the Player's layer to change automatically is if you're using player-switching - via the Auto-sync Hotspot state? option. Is this the case?

• I don't have any remember components in the player or its children, and I am not using player switching. I think I never saw the auto-sync hotspot state option.

• Best to do some debugging to find out the cause, then.

Open up Hotspot.cs, and find the line:

gameObject.layer = LayerMask.NameToLayer (KickStarter.settingsManager.deactivatedLayer);

Just below it, place:

Debug.Log ("Turned off Hotspot " + name, this);

Assuming it then shows for the Player's Hotspot, select the message and share the full contents.

• Ok, this is what I got:

Turned off Hotspot Player
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object, Object)
    AC.Hotspot:TurnOff(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:673)
    AC.Hotspot:TurnOff() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Hotspot.cs:661)
    AC.Player:AutoSyncHotspot() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:1044)
    AC.Player:OnSetPlayer(Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:1030)
    AC.EventManager:Call_OnSetPlayer(Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:1044)
    AC.KickStarter:set_player(Player) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1023)
    AC.KickStarter:PreparePlayer() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1165)
    AC.KickStarter:Initialise() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1104)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:44)

• Bug found. Open up Player.cs and replace:

if (autoSyncHotspotState)

with:

if (autoSyncHotspotState && KickStarter.settingsManager.playerSwitching == PlayerSwitching.Allow)

• Fantastic, that did it! Thank you!!!