Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player De-activated when skipping when player-switching is in use.

Player turns off when skipping through actionlists.

Screenshots (three player characters total):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Mst9HgDCt9K4W9o-hePLsH7EnVkL8Tc

The player character is in the DontDestroyOnLoad ordinarily, but when the player gets de-activated after skipping, the PC will no longer be in DontDestroyOnLoad. I haven't so far had this happen for the default player.

Player switching occurs with scene switching, not when two players are in the room, in my case.

Skipping is mapped to the TAB key.

Comments

• Your screenshots show two OnStart ActionLists and moments of gameplay - it's not clear what the context is.

In what order are things occuring, and at which point during the cutscene are you skipping it?

Who is your default player, how many players do you have, and where are they at before this occurs? Are you relying on local players at any time?

To be clear: you're switching scene with player - so that each scene appears to have their own player? If so - rather than switching scene, then player, you should instead use the Player: Teleport inactive Action to change the next player's scene, and then use the Player: Switch Action to both switch scene and player at the same time.

• edited May 2020

"Your screenshots show two OnStart ActionLists and moments of gameplay"
    Yes, two separate scenes with two separate player characters. I meant to demonstrate that the skipping issue was occurring at the start of the scene for two different player characters.

"In what order are things occuring, and at which point during the cutscene are you skipping it?"
    I am skipping cutscenes present at the start of the scene... does not seem to matter whether the "player switch" action is placed at the beginning or not of a cutscene.

"Who is your default player, how many players do you have, and where are they at before this occurs? Are you relying on local players at any time?"
    There are no local player characters. There are three distinct player characters, and a fourth one that's pretty much a duplicate of another character but has such different features (only two directions of movement versus eight, different animations) so that I opted to make it another player character. I added a screenshot of what this looks like.

"To be clear: you're switching scene with player - so that each scene appears to have their own player?"
    Sort of? It's not that players are dependent on particular scenes, it's more that changes in the story happen to correspond to a change in location/scene and therefore which player is now at the helm. Like a novel format with multiple viewpoints. So players might show up in overlapping locations and often do.

" If so - rather than switching scene, then player, you should instead use the Player: Teleport inactive Action to change the next player's scene, and then use the Player: Switch Action to both switch scene and player at the same time."
    Okay... well, if I make those changes from BoardingRoom (the scene before the error occurs, using scene names for clarity), now if I run the actionlist that includes the switch and hit skip, it will skip to the next scene (GreenRoom) with the proper player character. BUT.... now it is skipping the OnStart cutscene at the start of the next scene, but plays it as normal if I start the game from GreenRoom...

However... even if this worked, I still need to be able to test from scene to scene, so de-activating the player character when skipping when player switching starts at the beginning of a scene would require me to test the game starting at Act I, Scene 1 each time or click through all the cutscenes... :(

• edited May 2020

This all sounds very specific to your project - there's not enough here for me to recreate any issue in a generic way.

Are you able to create a cut-down version of your project (i.e. stripping away all unnecessary assets / scenes) so that it only has a couple of scenes that demonstrates the issue clearly? If so, you can PM it to me as a .zip file with instructions on how to reproduce it - I think that's going to be the best way to go forward.