Forum rules - please read before posting.

Curious about reason for LoadLevelAsync takes a lot longer when loading a scene second time.

Been checking on a performance issue and I noticed reloading that scene it takes a lot longer after the first load.

ie: I have a menu scene and a button that does a load of second scene. The second scene loads quickly, but if I go back to the menu scene and go back to the second scene it is a lot slower. . Happens in editor and build. I added a few debug lines in the scene changer script and it appears the first time the following line runs it quite fast, but on the second load of the scene it takes 3 to 4 times longer in the activation (ie: after .9 reached in the loading process.). Not sure why. Seems strange that would be the case.. I assume unity does something different as some of objects of first scene may still in memory even though. But could be anything. Just curious if you know what unity might be doing different in the activation.

aSync = nextSceneInfo.LoadLevelASync ();

Comments

• Whenever you exit an "AC" scene, AC will store info about that scene (e.g. scene settings, Remember component state, etc).

When you re-enter such a scene, AC will then apply that saved data back onto those scene objects.

Do note, though, that the latest v1.71 has made improvements to this process. It does depend on the size and setup of the scene, but you may find that this time is shortened in this update.

• Thanks. I'll give it a try.

• Ran into issue after installing AC. It seems the Dialogue System Integration has a problem. I get following error. Not sure if it's an AC problem or a Pixel Crushers problem. I installed the newest version of Dialogue System still no luck. Should I tell Pixel Crushers they need to update their integration. Or is there something in AC I need to do?

• Please ignore as got fix from Pixel Crushers.