Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles do not show when audio is playing

edited May 2020 in Technical Q&A

I searched through the video tutorials, searched the manual, and searched the forum but could not find a remedy for the following issue -

My game is first person game. I added NPC and assigned subtitles to that NPC as well as the player. I show the subtitles and I play the audio using ActionList. The audio is playing fine so do the subtitles, they are shown just as they should, as long as the audio and the subtitles are not played together. When I have audio file (in 'Resources/Speech') the subtitles are not shown. If however I remove the audio file (remove it with 'Finder' under Mac) the subtitles are shown.

The option 'Show subtitles?' that is in the 'Default Options' under the 'Settings manager' is ticked.
'Ignore subtitles options' under the menu 'Subtitles' is not ticked.
Solutions on the forum suggested that the option 'Show subtitles' at the 'Settings manager' should be ticked but this is my case, this option is already ticked.
How can I have audio playing with subtitles shown?

Comments

• The checkbox in the Settings Manager relates to its default value - i.e. what value it will start off as, when a user begins the game for the first time.

Once a game has been run once, the Options are then saved - so they need to be changed at runtime - either using the default Options menu, or with the Save: Set Option Action.

To clear the cache of your current-saved options data, you need to click Manage save-game files in the Settings Manager to bring up the Save File Manager, and then delete your default profile.

But this is only if you want subtitles to be shown by default - with the possibility for users to change it if they wish.

If you want to subtitles to always show, regardless of the Options, check Ignore 'Subtitles' option? in the Subtitle menu's properties.