Forum rules - please read before posting.

Enable and Disable Hotspots

I have tried a lot of attempts to get this to work, so I am asking for some help - thanks in advance!

I am trying to have one hotspot (after interactions) enable another hotspot. So, I am using the Hotspot > Object > Send Message > Turn On to the object I have disabled. And, all I get is this error: SendMessage TurnOn has no receiver!

I wrote a custom script to solve this once, but there must be a way to have interaction on one hotspot turn on a disabled hotspot.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2020

Solved it myself. Detailed instructions for others:

-For the hotspot you want disabled at the start of a scene, attach the component script (Add Component in the Unity Inspector): "Remember Hotspot"
    -Set the "Hotspot state on start:" to Off
    -In the Interaction (ActionList) - where you want to turn the HotSpot on, add Action Type: Object; then choose "Send Message"; add your HotSpot that you want to turn back on to the "Object to affect:" field; and set "Message to send:" field to "Turn On"

• In addition to using the Object: Send message Action, you can also use the Hotspot: Enable or disable Action to switch Hotspots on and off.